Thursday, June 2, 2011

Easy Taco Salad Recipe

As promised, here is the taco salad recipe I mentioned here.

Ingredients:
1 pound ground beef
Taco seasoning for 1 pound beef
1 bag Nacho Chips, crushed (think Doritos, but I usually buy the generic Walmart brand)
1 head of lettuce (cut/tear into small pieces)
1 bag of shredded cheese (I use the Mexican blend)
1 bottle of Thousand Island dressing - I use whatever I have a coupon for ;)
1 tomato (optional)
olives (optional)

Brown beef and prepare with taco seasoning per the packet/bottle.  Put in large bowl.  Add crushed nacho chips, cheese, lettuce, (tomatoes and olives if using).  Stir.  Add entire bottle of Thousand Island dressing and stir.  Serve right away.

***If you are preparing ahead of time, do not add chips or they will get soggy!!

I hope you enjoy this...Let me know if you do, and I'll post other recipes to go with deals that I see...

No comments:

Post a Comment