Sunday, May 29, 2011

Dollar Stores Done Right

I love dollar stores...always have.  The thought that I could go into a store without having to look at the price tag (and knowing that I can afford to purchase any item in the store) is empowering.  There is a right and a wrong way to shop at dollar stores, however.  Some items are worthy of your dollar, and some are not.

For example:  I Do purchase gift bags at the dollar store (where else can you find printed gift bags for $1??)
                     I also use the pregnancy tests from Dollar Tree (it's always been right!!).  Why pay more?
                      I do NOT purchase dishes or food storage at the dollar store (I can get better quality stuff for the
                     same price, if not better, at Walmart or Target)

One of the things I always get at the dollar store are cards as they are 2/$1 (at my favorite dollar store...Dollar Tree).  It might be something to think about as they have a nice Father's Day selection...

I also like to look at their books.  I've gotten some coffee table-like books that I've given as gifts for only $1. You may want to take a look to see if you can find something Dad might like....

Two other stores that have discounted items are Dollar General and Family Dollar.  Both accept coupons and have some good deals (if you take the time to look...)

So find yourself a dollar or two and go shopping sometime soon.  You may be surprised what you can find!!

No comments:

Post a Comment