Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Pinch of This, A Dollop of That

As you all know, I'm very passionate about coupons (and everything coupon related).  One thing that I seldom mention on this blog is my love for all things "frugal".  I'll do (almost) anything to save a buck.  I thought I'd start sharing some of my ideas, as well as those I've borrowed from others, with you.  Since I'm an avid crafter and do-it-yourselfer, I'll share some of the projects that I've done as well as tutorials so that you can do them with me.  Why pay for something that you can do or make yourself?  So, this blog will become a pinch of this (a few frugal living ideas), and a dollop of that (lots of coupon deals).

To get us started, I'd like to tell you about a really cool new website I learned about this week during our faculty inservice.  It's called Wordle - a FREE online word cloud maker.  What's this?  Well, the picture above is an example.  Type or past any text you'd like into the box on the Wordle website, and it will do the rest for you.  You can do some (simple) customization of color and layout if you'd like, as well.  

What might you use this for?  Well, other than for some classroom activities, I plan to make some inexpensive art for my desk at work (and maybe for my mantel at home).  I'll print the Wordle that I've created, and put it in an inexpensive frame that I've probably purchased at the dollar store.  Art for $1...now that's a great deal!

No comments:

Post a Comment