Friday, January 22, 2010

All this for less than $2...

I've been cooped up in the house for the last week with bronchitis, so I was anxious to get out and work some good deals. I'm fortunate enough to live blocks from a Walgreens and a Dollar General. I left the house with $2 in coins in my pocket, and I came home with all of this. This is how:

Walgreens: Wet Ones wipes are on sale for 2/$4. I used (2) $1.50/1 coupons from here. I then received a $1 RR making these wipes FREE.

Soft Scrub Cleaner is on sale 2/$5. I used this buy one get one FREE coupon as well as this $1/1 Soft Scrub coupon. After coupons, each Soft Scrub Cleaner was $0.75, or $1.50 total.

I purchased a Glade Plug-ins Oil Lasting Impressions started kit because I had a coupon good for a free one (from a previous purchase) It was $9.99, but I got it for FREE

I bought a package of M&M's as a filler item (they were $0.39) I needed a filler item so that I could use RR to pay for my transaction (Walgreens will only let you use one coupon per item and RR are considered coupons)

I used a $2.50 Register Reward from a previous purchase.

$1 (Wet Ones) + $1.50 (Soft Scrub) + $0.39 (M&M's) = $2.89-$2.50 (Register Rewards) = $0.39 (plus tax on over $20) I paid $1.55 out of pocket after coupons and RR, and got $1 RR back.

Dollar General: Carefree panty liner 22 count packs are $1. There are $1/1 Carefree product coupons in the flyer near the front of the store (expires 1/31). I bought 6 packages and paid only tax ($0.36)

No comments:

Post a Comment