Monday, January 2, 2012

Saving Money This Year

Ask anyone who knows me well, and they'll tell you that I've always been frugal - even before I discovered coupons.  One of the things I was willing to "splurge" on was a good cup of coffee.  Let me be more specific..I'd spend a pretty penny for a Caramel Latte.  Toward the end of last year, I decided to try coffee creamers to see if I could get the same taste for much less at home (with 2 kiddos, I don't have time to run to the coffee shop and I wasn't happy about the money I spent).  I found one!  I am in LOVE with my new creamer.

Why do I tell you this?  Everyone wants more money in their pocket, and everyone has something they're willing to spend a little money on.  Wouldn't it be nice to have your cake, and eat it, too?  With the age of the internet, you can find a DIY tutorial for just about anything:  the recipe to your favorite soup from Outback Steakhouse (okay...so that's another vice of mine), a way to strip the paint off interior truck panels that some moron that owned it before you painted so you don't have to buy them new (my hubby's latest quest), or how to make your own party decorations (I LOVE Pinterest!).

So how will you save money this year?  Leave a comment with some of your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment