Saturday, January 2, 2010

Welcome 2010 and Sioux Falls

This is my first official post and I'm so excited! This last fall I discovered couponing. It's become my new hobby (my husband would call it an obsession). My first real "coupon high" was achieved at Walgreens...I came home with 6 cans of Hunts tomato sauce and 4 cans of Campbell's tomato soup for just $0.24. Who knew!!

I've discovered many blogs full of coupon deals and clearance items located at stores such as Target, Walmart, Victoria Secret, Bath and Body, and Walgreens. The problem is that many prices are regional...when I get to the store the prices in Sioux Falls are higher than those blogged about in other parts of the country. Sometimes I'm still able to get an item for a good deal, but often times it's a deal breaker.

So...this blog is for you, Sioux Falls. Most of the deals that I post here will be local. You should be able to go to our stores and come home with these inexpensive and sometimes FREE items!! Please e-mail me if you find a good deal so that I can share it with the rest of Sioux Falls.

Here is a great deal to get you started:

Walgreens currently has Neosporin Lip Health products 2/$8. Use (2) $3/1 coupons from here. Pay $2 oop (out of pocket) but get $3 register rewards in return. The Neosporin will be FREE and you just made yourself $1. (Use the register rewards to get more FREE stuff this next week...it'll be a good one!!)

The rest of this post will be information to help you understand the "game" of couponing. Every day I'll post some new deals that are tried and true as well as some hints and tricks to help you along.

There are several great places to find coupons. You are probably most familiar with the coupon fliers in the Argus Leader. There are 4 fliers in the paper that you'll always want to keep. 1. The SmartSource Flyer, 2. The Red Plum flyer, 3. The PG flyer (proctor and gamble), 3. The USA Weekend "magazine". Every week get one or more news papers. Save the coupon fliers even if they have coupons you might not think you'll use. There may be a way to use them in the future to get FREE stuff!! Put the date on the front of each of the fliers with bold marker. Then when I post where they are from, use the following "key".

SS = SmartSource
RP = Red Plum
PG = Proctor and Gamble
USA = USA weekend

So, if a coupon is from the 1/3 Smartsource, it will look like SS 1/3.

You can also find printable coupons online. Sites like www.coupons.com and www.redplum.com have some great coupons sometimes. Product websites sometimes have printable coupons, as well. Most coupons can only be printed 2 times per computer, but reset at the end of the month (if the coupon remains on the site, you are able to print 2 more coupons).

I think I've probably got you confused by now so I think I'll stop. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions. Happy Couponing!!

1 comment:

  1. If You Are Tired of Wasting All Your Money on Online Advertising for Your Websites… “Discover the Proven and Simple Methods Used By the Pros to Get 100% Free Online Advertising Traffic Your Website!” It does not matter if your looking for just a couple of hundred extra hits a month or to pump your website full of as much traffic as you possibly.


    www.onlineuniversalwork.com

    ReplyDelete