Monday, January 2, 2012

Couponing 101: Tip of the Day

Yesterday, I posted about store coupon policies.  Today, I'd like to show you a few places to find coupons for the things you regularly purchase.

My favorite way to find coupons is to use a searchable coupon database.  Databases can be searched specifically (by brand like Kellogg's) or generically (by item like ice cream).  Here are the two databases that I use frequently as well as their pros and cons:

Hot Coupon World:  I like this database because it automatically searches as you type.  You don't have to hit "submit" and wait for the page to load.  It also offers a direct link to printable coupons...you only have to click once.  Sometimes, though, it's not as comprehensive as the next database I'll tell you about.

A Full Cup:  This is a fairly comprehensive database.  You do have to hit "submit" and wait for the page to load, and also have to click 2 links in order to get to the printable coupons mentioned.  You also have to register to use the database, but it's FREE.  I use this database often, and find it easy to navigate even with the previously mentioned downfalls.

If I've searched the databases and still haven't found a coupon for the item I'm looking for, here are a few sites I look through for printable coupons.  Please note that you can usually print 2 of the same coupon per computer from each site:

Coupons.com - search different zip codes.  I've found 77477 to have the most coupons
The Coupon Network - Has printable coupons and future savings coupons
Smartsource - I love that they have a drop-down box where you can see all the brands that have coupons on
                       the site
Redplum - Slightly more complicated as you have to click the links across the top to access different    
                 categories of coupons

Also, if you're searching for a coupon for a particular brand, be sure to check that brand's website.  Brands (like Hormel) often have coupons available on their sites.  Also, here are two brand sites that have many coupons.  Remember, you can usually print 2 coupons from each site per computer:

Betty Crocker or Pillsbury - you do have to sign up to print coupons, but doing so is FREE

Another place to find coupons is in the Sunday paper.  The first Sunday every month, find a P&G insert which has coupons good for P&G items (like Olay, Gillette, Cover Girl, Charmin, Pampers, etc.).  Also, there's usually a Smartsource and a RedPlum insert, as well.  When I do coupon match-ups, I refer to SS (SmartSource), RP (RedPlum), and PG (P&G) and list the date of the insert the coupon can be found in.

Finally, I recommend signing up for coupons and promotions from your favorite stores to be delivered to your inbox and texted to your phone.  This is a great way to get great deals at mall stores and restaurants.

Hopefully this will help you when you're looking for coupons.  Please don't hesitate to ask if you have a questions.  I'm here to help!!  Tomorrow, I'll help you determine the best way to organize your coupons to maximize their use...

No comments:

Post a Comment